Quite a productive week on the Russian front, thanks to the massive simplicity of Zvezda's little boxes of 15mm vehicles. I ordered 5 KV1s and a couple of BA10 armoured cars, and was able to whack them together over a few evenings.
The vehicles were simply sprayed with Tamiya Olive Drab 2, then after tracks etc were painted I covered them with a brown varnish wash. After spraying with Army Painter flat varnish I did a bit of drybrushing, using Vallejo Russian Green toned down with some white, then dry brushed on some dirt. Easy!
Not speaking Russian, I found the slogans for the KVs over on the Armorama forum.
I'm really enjoying painting these. I know they could be a lot more detailed and better painted, but for me at the moment they hit just the right balance between looking pretty good and being fast and easy to mass produce. Which I suppose sort of reflects the actual Soviet tank production strategy.