Happy New Year everyone. Best wishes for a great 2012.
I'm looking forward to another challenging year of balancing a demanding job with looking after a teenager, a five year old and two-year old twins, so I will both desperately need my hobby and be fighting hard to find time for it. This is an aspirational list of things I would like to do this year. Let's see in 12 months what I've managed to achieve.
Best laid plans (in no particular order):
1. Play more games. Specifically, make it a priority to get to club every 2-3 weeks.
2. Continue to develop the school wargames club.
3. Expand my Anglo-Danish, Welsh and Viking Saga warbands to 6 points each.
4. Make another couple of Saga warbands.
5. Build more Viking age terrain. Specifically, scratchbuild a great hall and at least one longship (probably the Revell one).
6. Make a set of terrain boards.
7. Re-base my 1/72 ECW figures for Baroque Impetus.
8. Paint more 1/72 ECW, particularly for Montrose's army.
9. Paint some 28mm figures for Pulp adventures, using the Song of Blades and Heroes series of games.
10. Paint some more 1/1200 Langton ships for Kiss Me Hardy.
11. Start painting some of the 28mm ECW figures I own.
12. Find a Napoleonic grand tactical set of rules that will inspire me to get back into 1/72 Napoleonics. Perhaps Lasalle?
13. Continue building up some 1/72 Impetus armies for the Italian Wars.
14. Paint a 15mm Antrim Scots force for Irregular Wars.
14. Blog more often!
...and no doubt other things that catch my eye during the year!
Good luck to you all with your hobby plans for the year.